- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
Betcha Can't Eat Just One
It's the crispy edges with a chewy center that makes these chocolate chip cookies quite nearly irresistible.
Truly "The Best!"
See How to Make 'Em Perfect
One for the Record Books
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
A giant chocolate chip cookie, baked in a pizza pan. So big you'll have to slice it up.
Feed a Cookie Monster
Look No Further Your search is over.
All the best chocolate chip cookies are right here.
Find Your Favorite
Chocolate + Chocolate Chip = Amazing
Watch How Good it Is
Substitution Central Try These Instead
Sub these tasty bits for the chocolate chips.
Robbi's M&M Cookies
Candy Corn Bark
Chewy Rolo Cookies