1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
3 cups icing sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
Rum Glaze Ingredients:
1 cup Golden Rum
1 cup butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
*slowly melt together on low heat while the cake is baking
About 7 1/2 cups cake batter.
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pans with vegetable pan spray.
2) In mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at
a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla and almond flavor. Mix
flour with baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with milk,
starting with the flour; mix well. Pour into prepared pans.
3) Bake for 30 minutes in rectangle pan, check with toothpick to make sure its done, increasing 5min at a time for extra baking.
4) Cool 10 minutes in pan. Loosen sides and remove. Poke lightly with a fork & then pour Rum Sauce over top of cake :)
WHOOOOOOT... It was a total hit after supper tonight!!!
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons icing sugar, divided
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk OR vanilla soya milk or vanilla almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 to 4 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Heat oven to 375°.
Pour melted butter into a 2-quart baking dish (11x7 or 8-inch square). In a
mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the sugar, the flour, baking powder, and salt;
stir to blend. Stir in the milk and vanilla until blended. Pour the batter over
the melted butter. Toss the peaches with the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar
and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Arrange the peach slices over the batter. Bake for
25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
The top will be browned and the cake will begin to pull away from the sides of
the pan. Serve warm with a little heavy cream, whipped topping, or a scoop of
vanilla ice cream or vanilla soya ice cream!
I just finished baking these... hope you like them too!!!
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar $
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar $
- 2 large eggs $
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour $
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1 (11.5-ounce) package semisweet chocolate mega morsels
- 2 squares white chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Beat butter and sugars at high speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well for another 2 minutes.
- 3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring well. Add oats; stir well. Add to butter mixture; stir until well blended. Gently stir in morsels and almonds. Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until brown around edges. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.