Spice up your BBQ with this flavor-filled side. Made with grilled zucchini, tomatillos, and a big kick of jalapeño, this salsa is perfect with tortilla chips or as a topping for a piece of meat.
See all salsa recipes.
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed and quartered
- 3 jalapeños, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Toss the mixture together to thoroughly coat the vegetables with oil. Transfer to a grill wok or basket. Grill the vegetables, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until slightly charred and tender, stirring occasionally.
Cool slightly, so the vegetables are cooled enough to be handled. Chop the vegetables into pea-sized pieces, and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the lime juice, hot sauce, lime zest, salt, and honey, if desired.
Recipe DetailsServes 12
Visit TasteofHome.com for more zucchini recipes.
Read more: http://www.thedailymeal.com/zucchini-salsa-verde#ixzz1xq3zvEkw
Shopping Tip: For a nicer presentation, purchase a mix of zucchini and yellow summer squash.
Cooking Tip: Remove the seeds from peppers to cut down on the heat. View Recipe
Zucchini Salsa Verde Recipe