Can you believe it's August 2012 already! Not only does that mean the Olympics are in full swing, but it also means it's time for your monthly training schedule to plan your workouts.
As usual I have attached the training calendar as a PDF to this email so you can print it out and fill it in. If you don't normally do this, I recommend you give it a go and see how it can help improve your fitness results this month.
Fitness Tips for August...
- Got tight shoulders or hips? Try rolling on a tennis ball to release the muscle tension. Up against a wall for shoulders and on the floor for hips.
- Need to improve your balance? Do more single leg exercises, try a balance board or BOSU or swiss ball or even close your eyes during exercises.
- Want to increase your cardio fitness at home? Try interval training using bodyweight exercises like squat jumps, mountain climbers and burpees.
- Want to get inspired to get fit and improve performance? Watch the Olympics!
Good luck with your fitness training this month!
Cheers, Clayton Beatty
Exercise Scientist Surf 'n' Snow Fitness
Download your workouts...
- Total Surfing Fitness
- Total Snowboarding Fitness
- Total Skiing Fitness
- Total Windsurfing Fitness
- SSF High Performance Club
211A Burniston Street, Scarborough, WA 6019, AUSTRALIA